Modern and Vintage Stereo View Competitions
Modern and Vintage Stereo View Competitions Entry Form
Deadline for mailed entries: July 27, 2023
- Only stereoview cards are eligible. You do not need to be a member of NSA to submit.
- There are 2 Divisions: Vintage Stereoview format (more than 50 years old); Modern Stereoview format
(views photographed by the entrant). No more than 2 entries per Division are allowed.
- Vintage Stereoview Cards
The entry must have a theme or present a story. Originals must be provided for judging, but you may provide high quality reproductions to be used for public display. Entries are judged according to rarity, presentation, and topic.
- Modern Stereoview Cards
The entry must have a theme or topic. Both photographic and computer-generated images will be accepted. Entries are judged by the PSA criteria for sequences.
- Vintage Stereoview Cards
- For the Stereoview card formats, no more than 12, nor fewer than 8, stereoviews shall constitute an entry. Views are expected to be in the traditional 3-1/2" x 7" format; the height can be taller, but must fit into a 5" x 7" sleeve. For Modern Stereoviews, cards in the 4” x 6" DSEC format are also acceptable. Each entry should be titled (one of the 5" x 7" cards may be used). A 5" x 7" typewritten explanation card may be substituted for one of the views to provide additional information about the set.
- Stereoview entries will be exhibited behind clear plastic in 5" x 7" sleeves, so the entrant should supply a 5" x 7" backing sheet for each of their cards — the design and color is entrant's choice. Any information germane to the view may be typed across the top of the backing card. For Modern Stereoviews, the name of the maker should not be included on the backing cards, images or presentations. Photographers will be identified after judging.
- The NSA will provide the method of display for the Stereoview cards and the display sleeves. An Entry Form for each entry must be received by July 27, 2023.
- Those bringing their entries to the Convention must bring them to the Registration Desk during open hours, but before 10:00 AM on Wednesday August 3, 2023. Entrants not delivering their entries in person must ship them as indicated on the entry form. They must be well-packed and arrive at the hotel (address below) by August 1st, 2023.
- Cards may be picked up at the convention, or if not attending include a self addressed stamped envelope for return.
- Ribbons will be awarded within each division for First, Second and Third place (if applicable). The Tex Treadwell Award will be given to the Judge's Choice as "Best of Show."
Please be aware that conditions may change with COVID-19. Attendees are encouraged to check the COVID-19 Guidelines page for updates.